Sasha Gollish is well-known as a decorated Canadian Competitive Runner, has her PhD in Civil Engineering, and is passionate about girls in sports. She was a bronze medalist in the 1500 m at the 2015 Pan American Games despite her shoe falling off, has won a variety of short and longer distance races and raced on the Canadian National Team for the IAFF World Marathon Champs. I love Sasha’s four tenets of living and training. They are: always play, make choices not sacrifices, work hard, and eat real food- feed the machine.
Topics Discussed in the Podcast
- from alpine ski racer to marathon running
- her drive for achievement in all areas of her life, including getting her PhD
- starting her running career at age 30
- Sasha’s tenets of training and personal values
- how to look at food in a healthy way
- learning to sit with uncomfortable emotions
- how she dealt with her recent marathon that didn’t go her way
- her career as a runner and some fun stories
- Making the best of Doha World Championships
- Empowering girls through Fast and Female
2 Ways to Give Back to the Show
Yay! Our Podcast Sponsor- Osea Malibu— Osea Malibu: vegan, non-toxic, earth-friendly skincare from California!
— Osea Malibu Atmosphere Protection Cream
— Use code “sonyalooney” for $10 of your first $50 purchase: Shop now!