Muay Thai is a martial art and combat sport that uses stand-up striking along with various clinching techniques, and being plant-based has been a gamechanger for Cass Warbeck.
Cass Warbeck started training martial arts at the age of 11 and is a black belt in Goju Ryu karate and black level in Kurama Yama kickboxing. After reading The China Study by T. Colin Campbell in 2013, she went plant-based and never looked back.
A plant-based diet fueled her throughout her amateur Muay Thai fighting career and in March 2019 she fought for and won the World Kickboxing Association (WKA) North American Bantamweight Muay Thai Title.
Cass has always loved inspiring and educating others to achieve better personal health through physical movement and nutrition. She completed a Bachelor of Science in Health and Fitness Physiology from the University of Calgary and worked as a Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) certified personal trainer before applying to medical school. Currently Cass is a 3rd year medical student at the University of Alberta wants to improve the nutrition education provided to medical students in Canada. She looks forward to utilizing the power of lifestyle medicine and plant-based nutrition in her future medical practice.
Cass has been featured in the book, Legends of Change, and the magazine Canadian Vegan. She is a long term volunteer for the organization Nutritionfacts.org and is the host of The Plant Fueled Podcast.
“I read this book and it opened my eyes to how food and diet can actually affect long term health, and not just your immediate body composition or how you look or how toned you are. It can actually affect long-term health and your longevity and all these different things. I just couldn’t believe it. I couldn’t believe I hadn’t learned this before. I was taking a nutrition course. I just had never made the connection. What I eat today could influence whether I would get breast cancer in the future. It was just kinda downhill from there. I just started reading all I could about nutrition and plant-based diets.”– Cass Warbeck
- Muay Thai: what’s it like to fight someone
- Confidence as a female fighter
- Her plant-based diet change
- Food affecting long term health and longevity
- Cutting weight for fights
- There’s a lot more to health than exercise
Microsoft Word – Cass Warbeck Podcast Bio.docx
- Instagram: @plant_fueled
- Podcast: The Plant Fueled Podcast
- Listen to Cass interviewing me on her podcast
- Listen to my interview with T Colin Campbell, author of The China Study
- Listen to my interview with Dr. Michael Greger fo Nutritionfacts.org
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter!
Try Inside Tracker Blood Test for Athletes
For 25% off, get the Inside Tracker Discount code! The Inside Tracker Discount Code is good for all purchases store-wide.
How does the InsideTracker blood test work?
- They measure over 30 biomarkers like cortisol, hsCRP (inflammation), magnesium, vitamin D, ferritin and so much more.
- Each biomarker shows an optimized range and how you can add in healthy foods to get your blood biomarkers to perform better.
- Offers InnerAge testing
- Over 2,000 partnering labs in the USA + home testing in Canada
- Gives you a big picture view of your health and wellness. It’s empowering to know what to do to enhance your performance and see tangible results.