If you’re new to plant-based, learning how to cook plant-based meals might be intimidating. Jane Esselstyn is a Registered Nurse, author of 4 cookbooks in conjunction with Engine2Diet and Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, and a charismatic voice in the plant-based community. She also is a researcher and hosts conferences for women on getting preventing and reversing heart disease and auto-immune diseases. I was excited to talk to Jane because I interviewed her brother Rip back in July and her father, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn earlier this year. It was really cool to see that the whole Esselstyn family is involved with helping the world get healthier and make better food choices for health and longevity.
Jane offers some great insights on how to actually implement a plant-based diet from the food preparation side of things. We talked about the easiest meals you can make, what to use instead of salt, sugar, and oils, and whether green juice is actually a true health food. We also talk about protein, where she gets her inspiration for recipes, and the fact that you don’t need to oil to saute your food.
Topics Discussed in the Podcast
- the simplicity of eating plant-based
- why it’s hard for some people to change their diet
- what to use instead of salt, sugar, and oil in your cooking
- is green juice healthy?
- how much protein you actually need
- the inspiration behind a recipe
- simple foods to add into your diet
- Jane Esselystyn’s Instagram
- Jane Esselstyn’s YouTube Channel
- Jane Esselstyn’s Website
- 7 Day Rescue Diet Cookbook
- Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook
- The Engine2 Cookbook
- Plant-Strong with Rip Esselstyn
- Podcast episode with Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn
- Podcast episode with Rip Esselstyn (most downloaded episode of the show!)
Shop My Store – Moxy & Grit
Support the Show
If you would like to support the growth my show, I’d love your contribution on. Patreon. The current production of this free show is primarily supported out of my own pocket and a small portion is covered through the donations on Patreon. With my Patreon page, you can donate directly to the show which will help me cover the costs and help it grow! Even 4 bucks a month- the cost of one coffee per month helps a LOT! Thanks, I really appreciate your support!
Leave a review or share on social media
Don’t forget to subscribe!
Thanks for listening!