As an addiction psychiatrist and internationally known expert in mindfulness training for treating addictions, Dr. Jud has developed and tested mindfulness programs for habit change, including both in-person and app-based treatments for smoking, emotional eating and anxiety You can get the apps at DrJud.com. (Craving to Quit, Eat Right Now, Unwinding Anxiety).I’m a big fan of his work and was really excited to have the chance to sit down and talk with him. His TED Talk on breaking bad habits has over 14 million views.
Topics Discussed in the Podcast
- why it’s so hard to break bad habits
- does willpower exist?
- reward-based learning
- overcoming procrastination
- how to use curiosity to beat addictions
- is there such a thing as an addictive personality?
- why you should single-task
- difference between happiness and excitement
- letting go vs muscling your way through things
Watch his TED Talk
- Get his book “The Craving Mind”
- His Mindfulness-based app programs: Craving to Quit, Eat Right Now, Unwinding Anxiety