Read and hear about Kate Courtney’s 2018 World Championship Win and watch the full women’s World Championship replay on Redbull.TV!
Kate Courtney’s mantra is “WORK HARD, DO WHAT YOU LOVE AND BELIEVE ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.” Many people are inspired by Kate’s work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to perform consistently at the world’s highest level in mountain biking. Coming up dominating the U23 category on the World Cup circuit, 2018 was her first year racing in the Elite XCO category.
Kate was immediately racing in the top 10 with her sights set on the podium. She says persistence pays off and eventually, it will all come together. And come together it did on the most important day of the year, the World Championships. Kate was crowned World Champion at her very first Elite Worlds. One of the reasons I’m a huge fan of Kate is that she is humble, approachable, and down to earth. Her win inspired many, showing that if you put in the work, you can get to the top, even if you have never been there before.
Topics Discussed in the Podcast
- Kate’s preparation and race plan for World Championships
- How to deal with pressure
- Details about equipment, pacing, and nutrition for World Cups
- Kate’s Expectations
- Kate’s Favorite Gym Exercise
- Kate Courtney’s move to the SCOTT-SRAM Mountain Bike Team
- What Sharks and Kate have in common
- Kate Courtney’s Instagram
- Watch the 2018 XCO Women’s World Championship on Redbull TV
- Kate on my show in Oct 2017, right before the 2018 season started
- Kate’s article on Outside about gender in mountain biking
Support the Show
If you would like to support the growth my show, I’d love your contribution on. Patreon. The current production of this free show is primarily supported out of my own pocket and a small portion is covered through the donations on Patreon. With my Patreon page, you can donate directly to the show which will help me cover the costs and help it grow! Even 4 bucks a month- the cost of one coffee per month helps a LOT! Thanks, I really appreciate your support!
Leave a review or share on social media
Don’t forget to subscribe!
Thanks for listening!