Mindset for athletes is one of the secret weapons that separate good from great performers. Most people don’t realize that you can actually train your mind like you can train your body. Mindset for athletes is a growing field of relevance and importance, and my personal passion.
In this podcast, I’m actually on the other side of the mic with Molly Hurford, host of The Consummate Athlete podcast asking me all the questions. We talked about many of the topics in my Moxy & Grit Mindset Academy that is a 22-module course. Please enjoy!
Mindset For Athletes to Up Your Game!
“Extrinisic motivation can help you get out of the bed some mornings and help you stay committed to your goal. Generally, you will stay motivated for longer if you can also focus on the person that you’re trying to become with the goal of mastery, well-knowing you’ll never actually master a task. You’re always going be climbing the mountain to all these different false summits, so learning to enjoy the hike itself is the key, not just getting to the summit.”
- Using intrinsic motivation to set goals
- Reverse engineering positivity and optimism
- framework of resilience
- what is mental toughness?
- how to stop beating yourself up
- does fake it till you make it work?
Try Inside Tracker Blood Test for Athletes
For 25% off, get the Inside Tracker Discount code! The Inside Tracker Discount Code is good for all purchases store-wide.
How does the InsideTracker blood test work?
- They measure over 30 biomarkers like cortisol, hsCRP (inflammation), magnesium, vitamin D, ferritin and so much more.
- Each biomarker shows an optimized range and how you can add in healthy foods to get your blood biomarkers to perform better.
- Offers InnerAge testing
- Over 2,000 partnering labs in the USA + home testing in Canada
- Gives you a big picture view of your health and wellness. It’s empowering to know what to do to enhance your performance and see tangible results.