Once per month, I’m checking in with you to talk about my journey as a new athlete mom. I’ll talk about time management, how getting back to and maintaining a training schedule is going post-partum, the mental and emotional pieces too. I’ll tell you what it’s really like and hopefully give you some nuggets you can apply to your own lives as well. This podcast is supported by Wahoo Fitness who has been a great partner during my journey as a pregnant athlete and new mom!
I wanted to bring my husband, Matt Ewonus in on this episode as I will on some of the future Athlete Motherhood series because Parenthood is really what it’s about! In this episode, we talked about how to stay motivated when your race or event got canceled (or just how stay in it if your training has gotten stale).
Topics Discussed in the Podcast
- Staying motivated when your event has been canceled or you’re just in a rut
- Listener Questions: Plant-Based cookie recipe, chamois, riding zones when pregnant, advice for someone who says they don’t have time for sports, training routine for flexibility, guilt for going riding with baby at home, breastfeeding/supply when riding
- Simon Sinek Youtube inspiration vs. motivation
- Last month’s podcast with Matt and I
- Kyle Warner’s YouTube Channel
- Recipe for my ride cookies
- Great resource from Laura King on ProKit about pregnancy and exercise
2 Ways to Give Back to the Show
Don’t Miss an Episode: Subscribe!