My return to mountain bike racing after having kids has been so much fun! It’s also had its fair share of challenges.
I sat down with my husband, Matt to talk about what it’s been like going from 1 to 2 children, traveling and racing with 2 small children, and the lessons we have learned along the way. We talked about expectations, how pre-race routines and rituals are now different (and messy), and what we are learning to make traveling with kids a little bit easier.
We also recapped my High Cascades 100 race (my first race back after kids) as well as the Emerald Mountain Epic. And now? I’m prepping for Breck Epic. It’ll be my third time racing it although it’s been 9 years since my last Breck Epic experience (and win!).
- Navigating newborn sleep
- Tips for booking hotels when traveling with kids
- Managing expectations around racing
- Using the mindest of “4WD Mode”
- Recaps of High Cascades 100 and Emerald Mountain Epic
- Start Lines are Celebrations
- Enroll in my Moxy & Grit Mindset Academy
- Podcast “Why Training with Wattage and Heart Rate Aren’t Enough” with Dr. Andrew Sellars
- Listen to previous Motherhood Series Episodes
- Check out my newsletter for productivity, mindset, and mental skills
- Read my article/podcast Mental Skills for Athletes
- Read a snippet from Stage 4 of the 2011 Breck Epic in my article.