Robert Cheeke is 220 pounds of pure muscle. As a vegan bodybuilder, author of x books, and motivational speaker, he has impacted many lives. He went vegan in 1995 when he was 120lbs and has built a physique naturally that shows his dedication to health, hard work, and consistency. And those themes not only show up in his athletic life, but in all aspects of his life.
Robert is the author of 4 books, with his most recent book, The Plant-Based Athlete available for pre-sale now! It comes out in June and chronicles exactly how to succeed as a plant-based athlete. It also includes stories of plant-based Olympians, World Champions, and successful athletes. I was deeply honored to be featured in this amazing book and humbled to be on the list with some legends. Make sure you pre-order a copy of the book. It also has more than 60 scrumptious plant-based recipes (and a few of my own!)
“It all comes down to showing up. You gotta be at the starting line in order to achieve those things. And what it means to even get to the starting line. You have to dig deeper, you have to figure out why you’re doing it, why it matters to you. Why you’re there, what it’s going to mean to you when you do it. What it can mean to you if you don’t, if you don’t even try. Those kinds of things really connected with me and made me want to work harder while I was writing the book“Robert Cheeke
You’ll hear themes of showing up, work ethic, confidence, and not giving up.
Topics Discussed in the Podcast
- how bodybuilding changed his confidence and identity
- the problem with leading with ego
- Robert’s ego checking moment
- tips for building muscle
- co-writing The Plant-Based Athlete with Matt Frazier (NoMeatAthlete)
- confidence and drive to do the unknown
- work ethic
Listen Now: The Plant-Based Athlete
- Get the book: The Plant-Based Athlete
- Check out VeganBodyBuilding.com (and Robert’s Interview)
- Follow Robert Cheeke on Instagram
- Get my Plant-Powered Academy Cookbook!
- Join the Plant-Powered Academy on Facebook
- For more about calorie density (and also weight loss), listen to my episode with Chef AJ
Calorie Density Chart by Jeff Novick, RD
Try Inside Tracker Blood Test for Athletes
For 25% off, get the Inside Tracker Discount code! The Inside Tracker Discount Code is good for all purchases store-wide.
How does the InsideTracker blood test work?
- They measure over 30 biomarkers like cortisol, hsCRP (inflammation), magnesium, vitamin D, ferritin and so much more.
- Each biomarker shows an optimized range and how you can add in healthy foods to get your blood biomarkers to perform better.
- Offers InnerAge testing
- Over 2,000 partnering labs in the USA + home testing in Canada
- Gives you a big picture view of your health and wellness. It’s empowering to know what to do to enhance your performance and see tangible results.