Going plant-based for athletes is definitely a trend. I sat down with Brenda Davis, one of the top authorities and dietitians in plant-based nutrition to go all-in on plant-based nutrition for athletes. As the co-author of the incredibly comprehensive book, Becoming Vegan, a Vegetarian Hall of Famer, author of x books, an expert in reducing the world’s Type II Diabetes problems with Plant-Based Diets. She teaches lifestyle medicine courses all over the world, has been flown by the prince of Saudi Arabia to Saudi Arabia to consult on diet. A highly sought after speaker traveling several times per month to speak and pretty much the vision of health and fitness, Brenda is amazing. And I think it’s pretty clear that I like her alot! Brenda first came on the show 2 years ago and was my very first podcast episode I ever recorded. We became friends from that day forward and I’m always inspired by how Brenda lives her life.
Topics Discussed in the Podcast
- Why keto diets are dangerous
- How to eat for weight loss
- Rice and arsenic
- The final verdict on gluten
- Should you buy organic grains
- Everything you need to know about iron as a vegan
- Do you need to supplement?
- How much soy is safe?
- Lectins in beans & bean digestibility
- Sprouting; sprouted breads
- The best anti-inflammatory food
Podcast Sponsor! Kuat Racks
- Get Becoming Vegan
- Her awesome cookbook (great for anyone): Kicking Diabetes Cookbook
- Brenda’s website
- The previous podcast I recorded with Brenda (may 1, 2017)