You guys wrote to us with questions and we answered! In fact, we had so many requests we recorded a 2-part series of your Plant-Based FAQs. Excited to share with you and please reach out if you have any questions!
Topics Discussed in the Podcast
- How often you should be eating
- Where to find recipes and meal planning
- Caloric Intake for Athletes
- How to stay motivated
- Change overnight or change gradually?
- How to make cooking easier
- Is Beyond Meat healthy?
- Difference between vegan and plant-based
- Can you get all essential amino acids plant-based? What about complete proteins?
- How to get enough protein without eating soy, gluten, or beans?
- What are phytates and are they bad?
- Vegan pregnancy
Vegan pregnancy notes:
1.8x more iron than non-vegetarians. <45 mg and vegans get the same or higher than vegetarians.
25g more roughly per person protein
50% more iron (32mg ). You absorb iron better, especially during pregnancy
DHA from microalgae
Folic acid- in prenatal but also in most foods
- Becoming Vegan by Brenda Davis
- NutritionFacts.org and Dr. Michael Greger
- How Not to Die by Michael Greger
- Episode mentioned with Gut Health Dr. B
- Vegan Pregnancy Reed Mandels
Support the Show
If you would like to support the growth of my show, I’d love your contribution on. Patreon. The current production of this free show is primarily supported out of my own pocket and a small portion is covered through the donations on Patreon. With my Patreon page, you can donate directly to the show which will help me cover the costs and help it grow! Even 4 bucks a month- the cost of one coffee per month helps a LOT! Thanks, I really appreciate your support!
————————————————————————————————————————Don’t Miss an Episode: Subscribe!